Monday, November 21, 2005

"Restlessness" by Anna, another tea-lover


Restlessness.

My body is bleeding from treacherous paper cuts
across the surface of my mind.
Letters, pictures, notes, postcards from far away.
They are small. But they are many. And they are hard to ignore.

The skin warms from the pain of missing.
Images, sounds, smells fill the air around me, stinging the blood.

I want to get up and press my palms against the window so that I can feel the sound of rain. Outside. Hazy and strange and empty, the thought that somebody, somewhere, is running fingers down the crying glass.

In the world where technology has brought us so close,
‘www’ fills the drops of silence falling down the heart.

What we share is rubbing salt of memory into the scars on our skin,
fragile, tender and defenseless.
And restlessness.

Like something is missing.


photo by Tatiana G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home